Chakra stones or crystals are a constant source of pure energy. Their vibrations help in all aspects of life. They help purify our lives. However, whether it is to expel all the negative energies out of it or to physically cleanse the crystal sometimes even the crystals themselves need purification.
Depending on where you place these crystals, the timing for their routinely cleansing may be different. If you wear the stone as a necklace or a pendant than you need to clean it daily, placing it in a home will require you to clean it every other week.
It is however preferable to clean the crystals after every session, to maximize the healing potential of crystals in the next session.
Now you may be wondering “how do you cleanse crystals?” we know that properly cleaning crystals may be a difficult task, therefore we have prepared a guide to show you the best ways you can cleanse your chakra stones.
Cleansing Crystals in Video:
How to cleanse crystals with sage:
Using white sage smoke is a great way to remove the negative energies trapped inside the crystal.
- The first step in this process is to gather a bunch of white sage ( also known as sacred sage) and light the bunch at one end.
- Once the smoke starts to rise, hold your crystal just above the smoke. The smoke from the white sage will cleanse your crystal from any negative energies trapped inside it from your last session.
- Once the crystal has been cleaned, proceed to put your hand in front of the smoke. This will rid your body of any negative energy or blocked chakra in your system. It will do so by connecting to your sacral plexus chakra. This is how you cleanse crystals with sage.
- This is a great method to clean your crystals as it cleanses not only your stone but also your mind and spirit.
- If you were wondering how to cleanse crystals with incenses other than sage than don’t worry the process remains the same.
Recommend Crystal to wash with this: Crystals for Creativity
How to cleanse crystals and stones using natural light:
Natural light refers to moonlight and sunlight. Both of these can be used to cleanse your Crystals. Follow the following steps to do so.
- Firstly, you should wash your crystals with water, this will clean them physically. Once you have done so, then it’s time to move on to the next step. It must be noted that every crystal is unique in terms of it’s physical properties so you need to pay attention when washing crystals. Also, if you’re wondering how often to cleanse crystals than the general rule is to do it after a day or a session of use.
- Now, you need to decide a place to set them on, any type surface will do. However, it is preferable to use natural surfaces, such as the ground. These are better than artificial surfaces as the crystal can regain its strength and effectiveness by disposing of all the problems in the Earth. If due to some reason you can’t use a natural surface than artificial surfaces such as tables will do just fine.
- Next up, you should decide the time you want to set your crystal in the moonlight or sunlight. It’s best to leave them in for the night and pick them up when the sun comes out completely. The crystal will absorb the sunlight and it’s vibration will increase.
- When picking up the crystals it’s best to pick them up yourself. If someone else picks them up than it is quite possible that their negative energy transfers into the crystal. Each person has some variation in their internal chakra state and if you allow others to use or even pick up your stones than it will create problems for you. This is an important precaution that everybody should take.
- Next up is an additional step that you can take, while recharging your crystals. you can set up your crystal to relieve some of your problems. The crystal can charge itself and remove your ailments at the same time. It’s a great tip for all those who want to use their crystals during the charging and cleaning crystal process.
Recommend Crystal to wash with this: Crystals for Weight Loss
How to cleanse crystals and stones using salt water:
Sometimes it is helpful to use salt water when you’re trying to cleanse your crystals. There are certain precautions that you need to take in order for the cleaning process to be successful.
Since all crystals are different and are composed of different minerals hence it’s better to take caution when using this technique. Generally any crystal rated low on the Mohs scale is in danger. They can dissolve and can also get scratched easily.
Although this method has some drawbacks but the crystals get cleaned thoroughly and quickly through this.
- For this you need a bowl, fill it with water. Add some salt in the water and mix it.
- Once the salt has been completely dissolved in the water, gently immerse your crystals in the water and let them rest there for at least fifteen minutes.
- After which take them out and dry them. Once they are dry, they are charged and now you can use them again to cleanse your mind, spirit and body.
Recommend Crystal to wash with this: Crystals for Good Luck
How to cleanse crystals and stones using running water:
When you’re using running water be extra careful, running water can damage your cleansing stones. As we know water itself can exert a force and hence when washing your crystals under water be cautious. So, if you were wondering “how to cleanse crystals with water” just follow the following steps.
- To clean the crystals hold them in your hands and wash them with a slow and steady flow of water. You need to do this two or even three times for maximum efficiency.
- Water coming from artificial sources such as faucets has been filtered. Unfortunately the purification process removes a lot of essential minerals that these stones need. You can resolve this issue by washing your crystals in rain. This is the best way to wash your bad energy cleansing crystals as it regains strength by absorbing the energy from the sky. It’s a pure form of energy that can instantly recharge your cleansing stone.
- Although this may be a rare occurrence but those people living near glaciers or snowy mountains can use the water from melted snow to cleanse their stones. The water from these sources can be a great way to charge and cleanse your crystals.
How to cleanse crystals using Fire:
Fire can be used in a variety of ways to expel the problems stored in the gem itself. After every use you should clean your gem to remove all the ailments and bad energy that has transferred to them from your session. In order to cleanse the stone with fire follow the following steps:
- There are two methods to cleanse your stone with fire, the first one involves placing the stone above the fire directly, it should only be put on the fire for a few seconds. If you use it for a longer time than there is a risk of burning the stone and changing its composition.
- The second one involves using a process known as smudging which we have talked about before. It’s Basically the process of using smoke to clear and cleanse your stone. You can also use smudging for cleansing crystals with incense originating from herbs other than sage.
How to cleanse crystals using the Earth:
This may seem like an unusual method, but we can assure you that this is one of the best ways to cleanse crystals as it derives energy directly from mother nature. So, follow the following steps to use mother Earth’s energy:
- Firstly, Place the stone in the middle of a cloth made purely of silk, other substances like cheesecloths can also be used.
- Now dig a hole in your backyard or garden, it should be no more than six to eight inches deep.
- Once you have dug up a hole deep enough, place the stone in it. Be sure you cover the stone with the cloth on all sides.
- Next mark the location. You don’t want to lose your precious gem.
- Leave it in there for about 24 hours. After that dig it up and clear all the dirt from the stone.
- It has now been cleansed by the energy flowing through the earth.
How to clean crystals and stones using Sage tea:
This method is extremely efficient and powerful. It is a hybrid of two methods combining the best of water’s and fire’s cleansing crystal abilities. This method is also a very fun one as it requires making tea.
- As the name suggests the first step in this process, is making tea. Use sage as a herb, place it in a pot of boiling water and brew a tea. No additives need to be added.
- In the next step place the crystal in a crystal cleansing bowl and pour the tea on top of it, once it is fully submerged in the tea. Stop pouring and leave it there.
- The crystal needs to rest there for twelve hours, preferably overnight. When you take them out rinse them before use.
- An additional force can also be incorporated for more powerful extraction of the bad energies. You can place the gem submerged in tea in direct moonlight. This will greatly enhance the extraction process. This is another great way of cleansing crystals with sage.
How to clean your crystal stones using Mirrors:
Mirrors are an excellent and clean source for cleaning crystals. It’s a pretty basic and simple process to clean the crystals using mirror. Just follow the following steps and your crystal will be clean in no time.
- Clean your crystals using a cloth and place it on top of a mirror. It must be noted that the mirror should be placed horizontally so that the crystal can be placed on the reflective side. However, if that is not an option that you can always place the crystal vertically in front of the mirror. It must be left on the mirror for at least 24 hours.
- The mirror reflects the harmful energies out of the stone and cleanses it. It’s a great way to purify crystals.
How to clean crystals for healing using sand:
Sand can also be used to clean your crystals, however this process can get a little messy.
- First take the sand and add water. You must completely soak the sand in water. When it is completely wet, than place the stone in it. Leave it there for at least 24 hours. When a full day has passed remove it and rinse it. Your stone is now as clean as ever.
- For all those quartz users out there if you’re wondering how to clean a clear quartz crystal than this method will work just fine.
How to clean crystals and gemstones using the power of sound:
This may be surprising, but a cheap and easy way to cleanse your crystals is to use sound. Sound energy can return the crystal to its normal vibrational phase. The only things you’ll need for this are tuning forks.
- Place the crystal on top of a solid substance and gently collide the tuning forks with a solid surface. The tuning forks will produce a sound of a specific frequency. This will resonate with your stone and return it to its normal state. It must be noted that the crystal must be placed near the originating point of the sound.
- Repeat this process several times for best results. In this way you can purify crystals and rid them of bad energy. In this way you can purify crystals and rid them of bad energy.
How to clean healing crystals and stones using meditation:
Meditating is another process that you can use to clean your crystals. You just need to focus and balance your energies first before you concentrate on cleansing chakra stones.
- It’s crucial to balance your internal energies before you try to cleanse your crystals. Luckily mediating is just for that.
- Sit down for a mediation session, try to focus only on yourself first. After you have cleared your mind and are feeling that all your internal energies are in equilibrium then start focusing on cleaning the crystals.
- Once you think that you are ready to clear the crystal then bring it close to you and gently blow. Your internal energies will push away the negativity from the crystals, after which your crystals will be clean.
References from Books and Scholars: